Thursday, September 22, 2011

Most Beautiful Breast in the World!

September 1st, I went for an ultrasound of my liver to see if everything was okay there.  "It's just routine," I was told.  Yeah, right.  For whom was this routine?  Not me.  That night, on Mastectomy Eve, I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, saying goodbye to my breast.  Until that point in time, I always complained it was too small, too droopy, too wide-set from its twin.  Suddenly, my left breast was the most beautiful breast in the world.  I thanked it for nursing my beautiful babies - it was their favourite side.  I said that I'd miss it.  I'd miss wearing pretty bras and I'd miss growing old with it.  Because the tumour was so large I couldn't even sleep on my tummy without feeling nauseas so I knew it was time for it to go.  So I tucked it into its pyjama top and waited for morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment