Sunday, September 25, 2011

Home At Last

So good to be home in my own bed.  TeeTee stayed with me for the day getting me comfortable and making sure I was okay.  When she left, she got teary at the thought of leaving me.  That was a nice hug.  Then reality set in.  I'm alone.  Can I do this by myself?  Of course, I have no choice.  What am I to do now?  I can't work.  I can't hike.  My left arm is pretty useless: stiff, numb in some parts and feeling burned in others - you know, like a burn you get from an iron or oven rack.  Just as I started to feel a little nervous, the phone began ringing and my friends have been coming every day with food, wine, flowers, massages and to help me with chores.  It's like they're tripping over each other to help me and it feels humbling and uplifting, two words I think I've said more in the past few weeks than ever before in my life!  As I've said to them, "I may have lost a breast but with all this yummy food I will be gaining big hips!"

2 comments:

  1. That top comment was me, I didnt realize I still had an account with my married name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K let's try this again! Karen I think you are an inspiring woman!! I admire your strength and courage!! Big hugs ckicka!!

    ReplyDelete