Sunday, November 10, 2013

Turkey Trot


After some more training, I noticed my right knee was sore and figured I'd stretched my IT band from overuse.  With three days before my first 10K in over two years, I was determined to rehab my knee well enough to get through the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Monday.  I used Voltaren and started taking glucosamine for joints.  With the weight loss (45 pounds) and turning on my after-burners, I knew this was the problem.

 
In the Turkey Trot, I ran the first 3K and all the uphill was great but when I got to the top of the Burrard Street Bridge and starting the descent, my knee had other plans.  Yup, IT band for sure.  I walked and limped the final 7K but was again proud when I hit the finish line.  Leanne came back for me and we crossed together but Carrisa was limping as well, as this was her first ever 10K run.




No comments:

Post a Comment