Sunday, November 10, 2013

Taking Back My Health and Love of Running!


I have been busy losing the "chemo weight" and exercising.  My eyes were always on the prize of running my first half-marathon, something I had planned to do just two months post-diagnosis.  Of course, everything came to a screeching halt for two-plus years.  I love running and my sweet friend, Leanne, has been my coach.

 

Once I was able to run more than a block or two, we entered into the Terry Fox Run with her daughter, Carrisa.  The day before the run I noticed a lump in the back of my left knee but it didn't hurt so I ran the 5K (well, walked as much as ran) and was very overwhelmed at the end of the run with mixed feelings of accomplishment, my girls, of what Terry Fox has done, of Connor, Angie and Judy, all who were taken too soon, my Gram, my friends battling, just everything.

 
That was so much fun, the three of us then went on to do the 5K obstacle course/run called Woman2Warrior and dressed in pink tutus, headbands and fairy wings.  This was for Easter Seals to send disabled children to camp.  Great cause and a blast of an event!

No comments:

Post a Comment